Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adventures

I have to tell you about my day. We were only going to the airport plaza shopping mall but we all split up. My reason was because i wanted a coffee and the others didn't. When i came to go home I decided to explore and you know I have a dreadful sense of direction. I got lost. Chiang Mai has nearly a million people spread out over a wide area. I found myself surrounded by fields. That was after i passed a temple where 3 dogs rushed out at me barking. (I have read all the stuff about rabies and i was terrified.) Funny I thought. I turned round to start walking back the way I had come and a man came and stopped on his motor bike. He couldn't understand English, I had not been taught "lost" and he couldn't read maps. He indicated I hop on the motor bike behind him. In spite of all VSO's warning about NOT going on a motor bike without a helmet I had no choice did I? By the way it was POURING rain and I was soaked right through and getting cold AND it was getting towards dark. Thank goodness after I got off at the first large road a songtao (taxi truck) came along and knew where Tipanet Rd was. Moral of the story - remember I have no sense of direction, take a brolly not your sun glasses, stay with other people.

Tomorrow's another day

No comments: